Kinmen Senior High School

History

Established in the autumn of 1951, this school was merged from two private junior high schools (Chin Chung and Chin Tung) and named as Provincial Kinmen Middle School by the then Acting Chairman of Fukien Province and Commander-in-chief of Kinmen Defense Headquarters, General Hu-lien. Three years later, in 1954, when the September 3rd Bombardment broke out, the school was evacuated to Cheng-kung Village for fear that the three-storeyed white building of the school might easily become the bombing target of the artillery from China. In 1958, when the August 23rd Bombardment started, for safety’s sake, all the 921 students were withdrawn to Taiwan and scattered into several public schools to continue their high school education. The school was reopened at the present site in 1960.

 
In 1964, when compulsory education was first extended from six years to nine years in Kinmen and each of the five townships started to set up its own junior high school, this school no longer enrolled students graduated from elementary schools. Consequently, in the spring of 1972, it was renamed as Provincial Kinmen Senior High School. Moreover, to cope with the need of local development, the school had set up a vocational department and a mechanical training center offering courses and trainings on practical skills. It had also sponsored several years’ intensive and special teacher training courses to provide teachers for the elementary schools of the island.
 
In 1975, the vocational department together with the mechanical training center was moved to Chin-hu at the site of former Chin-hu Junior High School as a branch school. Then, in 1981, the branch school was further upgraded as Provincial Kinmen Vocational Senior High School. In 1984, the school itself was turned into a national senior high school for ordinary senior high school education.
 
 
DateContent
1951.AutumnEstablished in the autumn of 1951
1954when the September 3rd Bombardment broke out. School teachers and students away from campus.
1958the August 23rd Bombardment started, for safety’s sake, all the 921 students were withdrawn to Taiwan and scattered into several public schools to continue their high school education.
1960.AutumnThe school was reopened at the present site in 1960.
1964when compulsory education was first extended from six years to nine years. And five township in Kinmen began to establish their own junior high school.
1965junior high school to stop recruiting new students.
1972.Springwas renamed as Provincial Kinmen Senior High School.
1975the establishment of a vocational training center for machinery and provision of training courses and practical skills. And sponsorship of several years of intensive teacher training and special courses, provide teachers in primary schools.
1975.8Department of Mechanical and vocational training center outside the Hill to move to the lake too, as a branch of the school, set up an independent school,specialized high school education.
1981Upgraded to the official Golden Gate High School
1984.7.1Upgrading Golden Gate High School

 

時間類別單位標題發佈點閱
top